The objectives of small scale industries are follows:
1. To create more employment opportunities with less investment.
2. To remove economic backwardness of rural and less developed regions of the economy.
3. To reduce regional imbalances.
4. To mobilize and ensure optimum utilization of unexploited resources of the country.
5. To improve standard of living of people.
6. To ensure equitable distribution of income and wealth.
7. To solve unemployment problem.
8. To attain self-reliance.
9. To adopt latest technology aimed at producing better quality products at lower costs.