If there is no retailer then the consumer will not get the services provided by retailers to him. These services are as under:
1. The consumers are provided with a wide variety of products as the retailers stock a wide range of products produced by different firms.
2. The retailers provide expert advice on the merits and uses of different products and thereby educate consumers on the product.
3. As ready stock of different varieties are maintained with the retailers, the consumer is not required to maintain enough stock of the products.
4. The consumers are given the facilities of purchasing according to their purchasing power since a wide range of products are maintained with the retailers.
5. The retailer arranges home delivery of the product if necessary and renders after sale service.