Sarthaks APP
+1 vote
in Science by (12.0k points)

1 Answer

+1 vote
by (3.8k points)
selected by
Best answer

Yes of course !
We call it a chemical change when there is rearrangements of atoms or molecules rsulting in change in properties of the substances taking part in the reaction.
 In neutralisation reaction the hydrogen ion from the acid combines with the hydroxyl ion from the base to form water. The rest metal cation from the base and the halogen ion from the acid combine to form salt ( for inorganic cids and bases ) . Their properties change and so the pH implying it's a chemical reaction .

Welcome to Sarthaks eConnect: A unique platform where students can interact with teachers/experts/students to get solutions to their queries. Students (upto class 10+2) preparing for All Government Exams, CBSE Board Exam, ICSE Board Exam, State Board Exam, JEE (Mains+Advance) and NEET can ask questions from any subject and get quick answers by subject teachers/ experts/mentors/students.