A teacher is teaching their students certain concepts related to the refraction of light. In the above figure, a narrow beam of white light is shown to pass through a triangular glass prism. After passing through the prism it produces a rays XY on a screen.
1. Is the angle of refraction greater or lower than the angle of incidence when it goes from air to glass?
2. When light rays falls on one side of prism, it gets bent _____.
a. Towards the normal
b. Away from normal
3. In refraction of light through a prism, the light ray :
a. Suffers refraction only at one face of the prism.
b. Emerges out from the prism in a direction parallel to the incident ray.
c. Bends at both the surfaces of prism towards its base.
d. Bends at both the surfaces of prism opposite to its base.
4. Which is the denser medium?
5. Glass has a _____ index of refraction than air.
d. None of these.