A potted plant is growing in a transparent glass jar. In this plant, x and O are the two growing parts having a lot of meristematic tissue. It is observed that the part x of this plant exhibits positive geotropism but negative phototropism. On the other hand, part Y of this plant exhibits negative geotropism but positive phototropism. Now, answer the following questions:
1. Name the part x of plant.
2. Name the part Y of plant.
3. Which part of the plant, x or Y, will exhibit positive hydrotropism ?
4. Which part of the plant, x or Y, can have tendrils on it ?
5. Which phytohormone causes the part x to exhibit negative phototropism ?
(ii) Abscisic acid