A small part of the shoot of a plant is removed with a sharp knife. When the lower end of this small part of the shoot is buried in moist soil, it gradually develops roots and shoots and grows to become a new plant.
1. What is the name of this method of propagating plants ?
(i) Cuttings method
(ii) layering method
(iii) grafting method
2. Name any plant which provide us with food directly or indirectly and is grown by this method.
(ii) Sugar cane
(iii) money plant
3. State whether it is a sexual method of reproduction or an asexual method.
4. What special name can be given to the genetically identical new plants produced by this technique ?
5. A small part of a plant which is removed by making a cut with a sharp knife is called a
(iv) none of the above