An ecosystem is a self-contained unit of living things (plants, animals and decomposers), and their non-living environment (soil, air and water). For example; a forest, a pond, a lake, a green land etc.In an ecosystem, energy and matter are continuously exchanged between living and non- living components. An ecosystem can be both natural or man-made. Some examples of natural ecosystems are grass land, forest, sea, river, desert,- mountain, pond, lake etc.
1. The constituents which do not form eco-system are
a. Biotic constituents
b. Plastic bags
c. Abiotic constituents
d. All of these
2. Which of the following is terrestrial ecosystem?
a. A natural forest
b. A lake
c. A pond
d. An aquarium
3. ________ is not an abiotic factor.
4. An ecosystem includes ______.
a. All living organisms
b. non living objects
c. both living and non living components
d. sometimes living sometimes non living
5. Universal producer in an ecosystem is :