The following are the important documents used in the formation of a company.
1) Memorandum of association- It is the charter of the organisation that outlines the business aims and objectives.It is used by the investors to know how their money is being invested and utilised in the company.It a companies relationships with the external parties. It is a document that specifies companies name, number and name of its members, registered office of company, objects of the company etc.
2) Articles of association- Articles of Association specifies the rules and regulations for the management of internal affairs of the company. It records the rights and duties of the members and the company. ‘Articles of association’ is not the main document of the company. Rather, the most important document of a company is the memorandum of association.It is not compulsory for every company to file articles of association (AoA). Instead of AoA, the company may adopt Table A of the Companies Act.
3) Written approval of board directors to function as directors and an undertaking by them to buy the qualification shares.
4) An agreement naming the proposed managing director, or a manager, or a full time director, if any
5) A copy of the letter obtained from the registrar concerned approving the company name proposed.
6) A legal confirmation by the law stating the submission of all documents and requirements for registration.