Yes, friends can influence one to take drugs and alcohol. A person can take the following steps for protecting himself/herself against drug abuse:
- Increase your will power to stay away from alcohol and drugs. One should not experiment with alcohol for curiosity and fun.
- Avoid the company of friends who take drugs.
- Seek help from parents and peers.
- Take proper knowledge and counselling about drug abuse. Devote your energy in other extra-curricular activities.
- Seek immediate professional and medical help from psychologists and psychiatrists if symptoms of depression and frustration become apparent.