Emotional abuse is any kind of abuse that is emotional rather than physical in nature. It occurs when one person subjects or exposes another person to intentionally harmful behaviour that may result in anxiety, depression and psychological trauma for the victim.
The techniques to deal with emotional abuse
1. Accept that emotional abuse is not because of you, i.e., don’t justify the actions of the abuser.
2. Respond assertively to the abuser but seek distance from him/her.
3. Give yourself time to heal.
4. Prioritize your self-care, eating right, exercise, etc.
5. Mobilise support from family and friends. If needed, seek professional help.