For the management of poultry, following aspects are to be taken care of:
1. Selection of proper and disease free breed, suitable and safe farm conditions.
2. Proper feeding practice and the quality of feed and water.
3. Hygiene and health care of the birds.
4. Management of layers is done by selecting high yielding chicken. Their farms are kept clean, dry and well ventilated. They are given proper feed at proper times. Other aspects such as debeaking, etc. are also taken care of.
5. In the farm, importance is given to infrastructure such as proper and adequate lighting, placing waterer at places, looking after sanitation, culling and vaccination.
6. Management of broiler similarly includes selection of breed, housing, temperature, ventilation, lighting, observing the floor space and broiler feed.