1. Domestication: The keeping of animals for specific purposes is called
2. Livestock: All domestic useful animals constitute livestock. Examples: cattle, sheep, camel, pigs, etc.
3. Shearing: Removal of wool from the sheep is called shearing.
4. Poultry: The practice of keeping and breeding of useful animals which provide us meat and eggs is called poultry.
5. Apiculture: The rearing of honeybees on a large scale is known as apiculture.
6. Sericulture: The art of rearing and management of silk moths for the production of silk is called sericulture.
7. Piggery: The management and rearing of pigs is called piggery.
8. Hatchery: Hatcheries are the incubators in poultry farms where hatching is done