The three important ideas of French revolution were Liberty, Equality and Fraternity. And the aim was to curb the powers of the king.
Under the constitution of 1791, the following provisions were made:
1. The power should not be in the hands of only one person. It should be distributed among different institutions – legislature, executive and judiciary.
2. Abolition of feudal system: The feudal system of obligation and laws were to be abolished.
3. The constitution of 1791 gave the power to National Assembly.
4. Citizens voted for a group of electors, who in turn choose the assembly. But only active citizens (men above 25 years of age who paid taxes) were entitled to vote. Rest of the men and women were passive citizens.
5. The constitution passed the right of man and citizen and the following rights were established as 'natural and unalienable' rights.