|1. Involves only one parent
2. Gametes are not produced.
3. No fertilisation and zygote formation.
4. Meiosis does not occur at anytime during reproduction.
|1. often involves two parents.
2. Gametes are produced.
3. Fertilation and zygote formation is observed.
4. Meiosis occurs at the time of gamete formation.
During sexual reproduction two types of gametes fuse. Although the gametes contain the same number of chromosomes, their DNA is not identical. This situation generates variations among the offsprings.