Correct Answer - Option 3 : 2 & 3 only
Rivers of Kerala:
- There are 44 major rivers in Kerala of which 41 are west-flowing and 3 are east-flowing.
- All these rivers originate from the Sahyadri hills.
- Periyar is the longest river in Kerala followed by Bharathapuzha and Pampa.
- Here is the complete list of all the 44 rivers of Kerala showing the direction of their flow, place of origin, major tributaries and distributaries, and the length of each river.
East flowing rivers of Kerala:
|East Flowing Rivers
- Paampar and Bhavani flow into Tamilnadu. Kabani enters Karnataka. All three of them empties into Kaveri
- Flows only a few kilometers through Kerala
Hence, the east-flowing rivers of Kerala are Bhavani and Pambar
|West Flowing Rivers of Kerala
||Place of Origin
||Major Tributaries / Distributaries
||Iringipuzha, Cherupuzha, Kurumbanpuzha
||Splits into two