Correct Answer - Option 3 : (v) only
Renewable source of energy is those sources which can be used repeatedly and can be replaced naturally whereas the nonrenewable source of energy is produced using those resources which are limited in nature and takes millions of years to regenerate.
Renewable energy consists of sources like
- Solar-Energy harnessed from the sun
- Wind-Energy harnessed from wind velocity
- Wave-Energy harnessed from waves in the sea or river
- Tidal-Energy harnessed from tides in the sea during high tide and low tide phenomenon
- Geo-Thermal-Energy harnessed from the heat inside the earth surface.
Fossil fuels will end after a short time. This source of energy is not recycled and reused. While hydroelectricity, wind energy and solar energy are renewable sources of energy.
Hence, we conclude that fossil fuels are non-renewable source of energy.