Correct Answer - Option 1 : (i) and (ii)
Effective depth of end battens should be:
- More than twice the flange width of the component column.
- More The distance between the center of gravity of the component members.
The design of battened column is prescribed under section 7.7 of IS 800: 2007. As per
1) 184.108.40.206 – The number of battens shall be of a minimum of three bays members.
2) 220.127.116.11 – The effective slenderness ratio should be taken 1.1 times the actual slenderness ratio.
3) 18.104.22.168 – Battens should be designed to carry 2.5% of the axial load of its transverse shear capacity.
4) 22.214.171.124 – The thickness of the batten or the tie plates shall not be less than one-fiftieth of the distance between innermost connecting lines of connection.
5) 7.7.3 – The spacing shall be such that the slenderness ratio shall neither be greater than 50 nor greater than 0.7 × slenderness ratio of the member as a whole.