Correct Answer - Option 3 : Population control
In India, the second generation reform started from 1996 to 2007. During this period, 2 five year plans were included.
- The second generation of economic reforms in the country gave special stress on fiscal reforms, financial reforms, structural reforms, labor law reforms, etc.
- The second-generation reforms focused on the economic growth of the country by setting targets to achieve growth in foreign direct investment by giving liberty to foreign firms to set up corporations in India.
- It aimed at exploiting the knowledge-based global economy to enhance advancement in science and technology in India.
- A clean environment was also one of the aims to be achieved in second-generation reform.
- At that time, the focus was more on economic growth, and no such measures were taken to control the population.
Thus, option 3 is the correct answer.