Correct Answer - Option 1 : Bismuth Oxychloride
The Correct Answer is Bismuth Oxychloride.
Bismuth Oxychloride is also known as the Pearl white.
- The formula of Bismuth oxychloride is BiOCl is an inorganic bismuth compound.
- The intrusion of the light wave from its plate-like composition gives a nacre-like pearly iridescent light reflectivity.
The bismuth oxychloride structure can be found to consist of layers of ions Cl-, Bi3+ and O2-.
- It is a lustrous white solid that has been used since ancient times, particularly in ancient Egypt.
- BiOCl is formed by bismuth chloride react with water,
BiCl3 + H2O → BiOCl + 2HCl
- BiOCl converted to Bi24O31Cl10 when heated over 600° C, called the "Arppe compound," which has a complex layer structure.
- It used in cosmetics for Glimmer and Shiners.