Correct Answer - Option 2 : Only II
The correct answer is Option(2) .i.e.Only II.
A heterogeneous mixture is a mixture with a non-uniform composition that contains components in different phases.
Concrete is the example of a heterogeneous mixture, a combination of -cement and water.
- A mixture is described as a result of combining two or more substances.
Each substance maintains its chemical identity.
- In other words, within the components of a mixture, a chemical reaction does not occur.
- A heterogeneous mixture is a mixture with a non-uniform composition that contains components in different phases.
- The non-uniform composition with at least two phases varies from one region to another
- It remains separate from each other, with clearly identifiable properties.
- This type of mixtures contain particles that sustain their chemical properties when they are mixed.
- It can be distinguished after they are mixed.
Through the filtration of chemical procedures, the components of heterogeneous mixtures can be separated.
- The two types of heterogeneous mixtures are colloids & suspensions.
Concrete is a heterogeneous mixture of an aggregate: water & cement
sand & Sugar form is a heterogeneous mixture. You can identify tiny sugar crystals and particles of sand if you look closely,
Ice cubes in cola form are the example of a heterogeneous mixture.