18. Depression is different from the fluctuations in mood that people experience as a part of normal life. Temporary emotional responses to the challenges of everyday life do not constitute depression. Likewise, even the feeling of grief resulting from the death of someone close is not itself depression if it does not persist. Depression can, however, be related to bereavement - when depression follows a loss, psychologists call it a "complicated bereavement"
Q. How is depression different from mood swings?
1. Depression is temporary
2. Mood swings are related to bereavement
3. Depression is the feeling of grief resulting after death
4. Depression can be linked to bereavement and is persistent
5. Mood swings are complicated bereavement