Correct Answer - Option 3 : Lord Pethick‑Lawrence
Cabinet Mission was a high-powered mission sent in February 1946 to India by the Atlee Government (British Prime Minister.)
- The mission had three British cabinet members - Pethick Lawrence, Stafford Cripps, & and A.V. Alexander.
- The Cabinet Mission’s aim was to discuss the transfer of power from British to Indian leadership.
Members of this mission are as follows:
- Pethick Lawrence - Secretary of State for India
- Stafford Cripps - President of the Board of Trade
- A.V. Alexander - First Lord of Admiralty
Thus, we can say that when Cabinet Mission came to India, its secretary was Pethick Lawrence.