Correct Answer - Option 3 : Talysurf
- Talysurf is electronic equipment which is used to measure surface roughness.
- It works on the carrier modulating principle.
Coordinate Measuring Machine
- It is one of the most powerful metrological instruments; coordinate measuring machines are widely used in most manufacturing plants, large and small.
CMMs are referred to as those machines that give physical representations of a three-dimensional rectilinear Cartesian coordinate system.
- The basic hardware elements of a typical CMM include structural elements, supporting bearings, drive systems, feedback elements, probe head, and control systems.
Profile projector/ Optical profile projector
- Profile projector is also called an optical projector; is a versatile comparator which is widely used for the purpose of inspection.
- It projects a two-dimensional magnified image of the workpiece onto a viewing screen to facilitate measurement.
- A profile projector is made up of 3 main elements. The projector comprises a light source, and a set of lenses housed inside an enclosure, a worktable to hold the workpiece is placed and their transparent screen with or without the chart gauge for comparison or measurement of the part is done.
- This arrangement of lenses is a Telecentric arrangement which is used in the optical profile projector.