Correct Answer - Option 1 : Raster-scan system
- A CAD system permits thorough engineering within a short time using various software and a large number of design alternatives can be investigated.
- Design errors are also reduced by the accuracy built into the system by means of calculations and check available within the system.
- These factors lead to an improvement in quality and accuracy in the design.
- CAD helps the designer to visualise the product and its component subassemblies and parts.
- This reduces the time required to synthesize, analyze and document the design.
- This productivity improves the results not only into lower design cost but also into shorter design project completion time.
CAD can be thought of as a system consisting of input devices, processors, and output devices. For example:
- Input devices include a keyboard, mouse, Graphics tablet, Joystick, scanner, digital camera, and drawing tablet.
- Processors include CPU (Central Processing Unit - ie the brains of the computer), operating system, memory, and CAD software.
- Output devices include a monitor, printer, plotter, cutter, and CNC machine.