1. The tendency of pollutants to concentrate as they move from one trophic level to the next trophic level is known as Biomagnification.
2. Plants absorb pesticides, heavy metals from the soil.
3. The primary consumers when eat these plants the remaining of pesticides and heavy metals enter their bodies.
4. As these chemicals are not degradable, they accumulate in the bodies of organisms of all trophic levels in the food chain.
5. Most of the plants products which we eat are grown in fields in which pesticides and fertilisers have been used.
6. These are absorbed by the plants and cannot be removed by washing or other means.
7. Human beings are at the top level of the food chain these chemicals get accumulated in our bodies and cause various disorders.
8. Levels of biological magnification would increase as the trophic level increases.