Correct Answer - Option 2 : First hand experience to the students
EVS is a subject that is concerned with the development of learners' awareness about environmental issues. It nurtures children's curiosity about the natural environment.
- The teaching of EVS helps students to develop desirable attitudes, values, and behavior patterns necessary for an environment-friendly lifestyle.
Excursions are activities organized by the school where the students are taken out of the regular classrooms to experience knowledge in the context of real life. For example, a trip to museums, historical monuments, exhibitions, etc.
Educational excursions are powerful, positive teaching tools that help enhance the social, personal, and emotional development of all learners.
- The basic objective of educational excursions in EVS is to provide first-hand experience to the students by engaging them with real situations.
- It is the appropriate tool to engage children effectively in EVS learning due to the active participation of students in the learning process.
- It introduces such concepts, ideas, and hands-on experiences that can't be provided in a classroom environment.
- It provides opportunities to bridge the gap between the theoretical and practical aspects of learning.
Hence, it becomes clear that the basic objective of educational excursion in EVS is to provide first-hand experience to the students;