Correct Answer - Option 3 : 29
The correct answer is 29.
- Currently, there are 29 states (including Jammu and Kashmir) in India.
- A nation with incredible varieties based on various terms such as topography, natural beauty, population, religion, culture, or language, has twenty-nine states presently and seven Union Territories (which will be increased by 2 from 31st Oct 2019).
India became a democratic country on 15th August 1947, after its independence.
- It is a Republic nation that has the supreme power residing in the hands of the nationals.
- All the decisions are made by the representatives chosen by the people under a set of fundamental rules called the “Constitution”.
- The Constitution is the supreme law of the country and was affirmed by the Constituent Assembly on 26 November 1949.
- It came into action on 26 January 1950. The introduction of the Indian Constitution guarantees it to be a Sovereign, Socialist, Secular and Democratic Republic with a parliamentary system of government.