Correct Answer - Option 3 : teach by question - answer method, so that students remain active in the class
The teaching-learning process is aimed to bring permanent change in the behavior of an individual (knowledge, skill, and attitude) that can be acquired consciously. It involves planning and execution of several activities and experiences to bring the desired outcomes. If the outcomes are not achieved as per expectations or much lower than that it is considered as the "failure" of the system.
Question-Answer Method: Questioning is a powerful technique of teaching subjects. Through this technique, the teacher transacts a lot of learning experiences. The teacher asks questions and the responses given by the students are strengthened and elaborated. It is also known as the Socratic method of teaching. This method is given by famous philosopher Socrates.
Steps of Question-Answer method:-
- To prepare questions and arrange them in a logical sequence.
- To present the questions in such a way that curiosity arises among the learners and make the students active in the teaching-learning process.
- To ask new questions by linking with the learner's response.
Advantages of the question-answer method:-
- It can be used in all teaching situations.
- It helps in developing the power of expression of the students.
- It helps to diagnose the student's practice and understanding.
- It is helpful to ascertain the personal difficulties of the students.
- It provides a check on the preparation of assignments.
- It can be used to reflect student’s backgrounds and attitudes.
- We consider the teaching-learning process as a student-centered practice.
Hence, we can conclude that while teaching in the class, teachers should teach by question-answer method to remain active in the class.