Correct Answer - Option 4 : Word processing
Word ProcessingA word processor (WP) is a software program capable of creating, storing, and printing typed documents.
- It is the most widely used software on a computer, with Microsoft word being the most popular word processor.
- Word processor can create multiple types of files, including text files(.txt), rich text files (.rtf), HTML files (.htm & .html), and word files (.doc & .docx)
- Some word processors can also be used to create XML files (.xml)
NOTE: A word processor should not be confused with the text editor such as notepad, that only allows editing and creating plain text documents.
Software, instructions that tell a computer what to do. Software comprises the entire set of programs, procedures, and routines associated with the operation of a computer system.
- The term was coined to differentiate these instructions from hardware—i.e., the physical components of a computer system.
- A set of instructions that directs a computer’s hardware to perform a task is called a program, or software program.
The two main types of software are system software and application software.
System software controls a computer’s internal functioning, chiefly through an operating system, and also controls such peripherals as monitors, printers, and storage devices.
Application software, by contrast, directs the computer to execute commands given by the user and may be said to include any program that processes data for a user.
Compiler, computer software that translates (compiles) source code written in a high-level language (e.g., C++) into a set of machine-language instructions that can be understood by a digital computer’s CPU.
- Compilers are very large programs, with error-checking and other abilities.
- Some compilers translate high-level language into an intermediate assembly language, which is then translated (assembled) into machine code by an assembly program or assembler. Other compilers generate machine language directly.
An assembler is a program that takes basic computer instructions and converts them into a pattern of bits that the computer's processor can use to perform its basic operations. Some people call these instructions assembler language and others use the term assembly language.
Option 4 is correct.