Correct Answer - Option 3 : 73rd
The correct answer is 73rd.
Panchayat Raj Act came into existence pursuant to the 73rd Constitutional Amendment Act.
- Panchayat Raj Act was based on the recommendation of the Balwant Rai Mehta committee.
- It came into force with effect from April 24, 1993.
- The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act, 1992 has added a new part IX consisting of 16 Articles and the Eleventh Schedule to the Constitution.
- The amendment provides for a three-tier Panchayat Raj System at the village, intermediate, and district levels.
Some important Amendments in the Constitution:
|1st Amendment Act
- It was made in 1951.
- It amended Article 15(4).
- The 9th Schedule was also added.
|42nd Amendment Act
- It was made in 1976.
- It is also known as the Mini Constitution of India.
Fundamental Duties were also added.
- It added 'SOCIALIST, SECULAR and INTEGRITY' in the Preamble.
|44th Amendment Act
- The Amendment aimed to undo several changes that had been made to the Constitution by the 42nd Amendment which had been enacted by the Indira Gandhi-led Indian National Congress during the Emergency.
|61st Amendment Act
- Reduced the age of voting from 21 to 18.