Correct Answer - Option 2 : (a) - (iii), (b) - (iv), (c) - (ii), (d) - (i)
The correct answer is (a) - (iii), (b) - (iv), (c) - (ii), (d) - (i).
|List - I
||List - II
|(a) 9th month of the Islamic calendar
|(c) 10th day of 12th month of the Islamic calendar
||(i) Prophet Mohammad’s birthday
- The Islamic calendar employs the Hijri era whose epoch was established as the Islamic New Year of 622 CE.
Ramadan is the most venerated month of the Hijri calendar.
- During this time, Muslims must fast from pre-dawn until sunset and should give charity to the poor and needy.
- The month of Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar and the month in which the Quran was revealed to the Islamic prophet Muhammad.
- Fasting during the month of Ramadan is one of the Five Pillars of Islam.
Moharram is the first month of the Islamic calendar and considered to be highly religious, only coming next to Ramadan.
- It is regarded as a pious and important festival by the community.
- It is one of the four sacred months of the year for Muslims.
Milad un-Nabi is a gazetted holiday in India and is also known as Nabi Day, Mawlid, Mohammad's Birthday, or the Prophet's Birthday.