The questions given below are in the form of a statement followed by assumptions 1 and 2. You may assume that everything stated in the statement is true, then consider the two assumptions and decide which of them logically follows, beyond a reasonable doubt, from the information in the statement.
The policy of subsidizing high-yielding varieties of seeds (HYVs) has been adopted in the five-year plans in India.
1. High Yielding Variety Seeds (HYV) will increase productivity in the agriculture sector.
2. Normal seeds are relatively less productive as compared to high-yielding variety (HYV).
1. Both assumptions 1 and 2 are implicit.
2. Only assumption 1 is implicit.
3. Neither assumption 1 nor assumption 2 is implicit.
4. Only assumption 2 is implicit.