Correct Answer - Option 1 : Dialogic method
Teaching method: Different teaching methods are used by teachers as per the requirements of students. For choosing the one, the teacher may classify students based on their abilities (ability grouping) or he can choose it based on the compatibility of the topic.
Dialogic method of teaching: The term ‘dialogic teaching’ is now in regular use but like all such terms means different things to different people.
- As developed by Robin Alexander in the early 2000s, dialogic teaching harnesses the power of talk to engage interest, stimulate thinking, advance understanding, expand ideas, and build and evaluate arguments, empowering students for lifelong learning and democratic engagement.
- Being collaborative and supportive confers social and emotional benefits too.
- It also helps teachers: encouraging students to share their thinking enables teachers to diagnose needs, devise learning tasks, enhance understanding, assess progress, and guide students through the challenges they encounter.
- Yet as defined by Alexander – though not by some others in the field – dialogic teaching is both talk and more than talk, for it enacts a distinctively dialogic stance on knowledge, learning, social relations, and education itself.
Lecture Method: It is a method of teaching whereby the teacher attempts to explain facts, principles, or relationships to help students to understand. It is an autocratic method where;
- The teacher is an active participant, the students are passive listeners.
- The teacher talks more or less continuously to the class.
- The class listens, writes, and notes facts and ideas for remembering and to think them over later.
Reading Method: In considering the reading process, first, we have to distinguish between two quite separate activities: reading for meaning (or 'silent reading') and reading aloud.
- Think of your own experience as both a student and a teacher.
- In many classrooms, the reading lesson is used as an opportunity to teach pronunciation and encourage 'expression speaking', i.e. speaking with feeling and emotion.
- For early readers, reading aloud is of course an important aid; beginners have to discover how reading is associated with the spoken words they have already learned to use, and also is different from them. But the early reading stage does not last long - normally, two or three years at the most.
Didactic method: Didactics is the way of teaching in which a teacher generally gives the information to the child in an organized and systematic manner, controls classroom instruction, and evaluates his performance to give reinforcement. Montessori emphasized learning through senses and knowledge must be given in small pieces.
Hence, dialogic teaching harnesses the power of talk to engage interest, stimulate thinking, advance understanding, expand ideas, and build and evaluate arguments, empowering students for lifelong learning and democratic engagement.