Correct Answer - Option 3 : 2017
The correct answer is 2017.
The new health policy was/has been launched in 2017.
- The primary aim of the National Health Policy, 2017, is to inform, clarify, strengthen and prioritize the role of the Government in shaping health systems in all its dimensions-
- investments in health, organization of healthcare services, prevention of diseases and promotion of good health through cross-sectoral actions, access to technologies, developing human resources, encouraging medical pluralism, building a knowledge base, developing better financial protection strategies, strengthening regulation and health assurance.
NHP 2017 builds on the progress made since the last NHP 2002.
- The developments have been captured in the document “Backdrop to National Health Policy 2017- Situation Analyses”, Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India.
Thus, we can conclude that option 3 is correct.
The National Health Policy of 1983 and the National Health Policy of 2002 have served well in guiding the approach for the health sector in the Five-Year Plans.
- Now 14 years after the last health policy, the context has changed in four major ways.
- First, health priorities are changing. Although maternal and child mortality has rapidly declined, there is a growing burden on account of non-communicable diseases and some infectious diseases.
- The second important change is the emergence of a robust health care industry estimated to be growing at double-digit.
- The third change is the growing incidences of catastrophic expenditure due to health care costs, which are presently estimated to be one of the major contributors to poverty.
- Fourth, rising economic growth enables enhanced fiscal capacity.
- Therefore, a new health policy response to these contextual changes is required.