Correct Answer - Option 1 : Chemical treatment
- The cytotoxic drugs are included in the genotoxic waste.
- Genotoxic waste is highly dangerous to humans and to the bio-environment.
- They are called genotoxic because toxic to the DNA.
Hazards from cytotoxic waste.
- Spontaneous abortion.
- Malformation in children.
- Ecological consequences like land, water, and air pollution.
- Nausea, headache, dizziness.
- Local irritations.
Method of disposal
- Return to the supplier.
- Incineration at 1200 degrees celcius.
- Chemical degradation.
- Alkaline hydrolysis.
Chemical degradation of cytotoxic drugs
- It is the separation of chemical compounds into their basic units of lesser particles.
- It also changes the chemical nature of the drug.
Types of Chemical degradation