Correct Answer - Option 3 : Essential Commodities Act, 1955
Meat Food Products Order 1973 was promoted under the act Essential Commodities Act, 1955.
Meat Food Products Order (MFPO)
1. Meat Food Products Order, 1973 (MFPO) provides for sanitary and other requirements, limits of heavy metals, preservatives, insecticides, residue, etc., for meat food products.
2. This order was being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development in the Ministry of Rural Area & Employment.
3. As of 31st March 1998, there were 128 licenses issued under MFPO 1973.
4. As per the recent amendment to the Allocation of Business, the Ministry of Agriculture (Deptt. of Agriculture & Cooperation) would now be the Administrative Ministry for this Order.
Right to Food Act.
1. National Food Security Act, 2013 is known as the Right to Food Act.
2. It aims to provide subsidized food grains.
3. Under this act up to 75% of the rural population and 50% of the urban population will be covered under the Targeted Public Distribution System.
4. It was introduced by the UPA II government headed by PM Manmohan Singh.