Correct Answer - Option 3 : Indrok
The correct answer is Indrok.
Animal or plant species that are likely to become extinct in the near future, either worldwide or in a particular country are called Endangered species.
- Endangered species are species that are at high risk to get extincted.
- This tag is given by the International Union for Conservation of Nature (IUCN).
- These tags are used to identify species which are needed to be protected.
- It is a species of tree found in the deserts of Rajasthan.
- It is having the scientific name Tecomella undulata
- It is an endangered species of tree.
- It is also known as Rohida whose flower is the state flower of Rajasthan.
Khejdi is the state Tree of Rajasthan.
IUCN Red List
IUCN, International Union for Conservation of Nature, was established on 5 October 1948.
The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species founded in 1964, is the world's most comprehensive inventory of the global conservation status of biological species.
Some of the tags of IUCN are
|Categories (IUNC Status)
||No known individuals remaining
Pink, Head Duck, Indian aurochs
|Extinct in wild (EW)
||Known only to survive in captivity
Alagoas curassow, Beloribitsa
|Critically endangered (CR)
||Extremely high risk of extinction in the wild.
Cross River Gorilla, Eastern Lowland Gorilla, Hawksbill, Turtle, Gharial
||High risk of extinction in the wild
Pygmy Hog, Northern Right Whale, The Vaquita, Amur, Leopard, Lion Tailed Macaque
||High risk of endangerment in the wild.
Nilgiri Marten, Nilgiri Langoor, Marbled cat
|Near Threatened (NT)
||Likely to become endangered in the near future
Przewalski's horse, Humpback whale
|Least Concern (LC)
Harp Seal, Giraffe