Correct Answer - Option 4 : All the above
- Smoking is associated with an increased incidence of cancers of the lung, urinary bladder and throat, bronchitis, emphysema, coronary heart disease, gastric ulcer, etc.
- Smoking increases carbon monoxide (CO) content in blood and reduces the concentration of haem-bound oxygen. This causes oxygen deficiency in the body.
- Cigarette smoking causes emphysema that leads to shorter breaths.
- Smoking can cause coronary disorders.
- It can increase the risk of leukaemia.
- Recent studies have shown that smoking causes inflammation of respiratory organs.
- Increased swelling is caused due to accumulation of body fluids mostly lymph in the organs.
∴ Smokers have swollen larynx, vocal cords, and respiratory tract.
- World No Smoking Day: May 31st.
- World No Tobacco Day: May 31st.