Correct Answer - Option 2 : 4132
When the temperature of the gas drops while keeping the pressure constant, it is said to be in the adiabatic expansion phase.
An external work acts upon a system at the expense of utilizing the internal energy.
This results in lowering the temperature of the molecules of gas.
By being throttled, the gas undergoes a pressure reduction and its temperature decreases. The phenomenon is called the Joule–Thomson effect.
It is an isenthalpic process, meaning that the enthalpy of the fluid is constant.
- Evaporation is a type of vaporization that occurs on the surface of a liquid as it changes into the gas phase.
- In an open vessel, the liquid keeps on evaporating.
- The particles of liquid absorb energy from the surrounding to regain the energy lost during evaporation.
- This absorption of energy from the surroundings make the surroundings cold.
From the above discussion, we can see that
- Evaporation is a process that occurs at nearly environmental temperature.
- Therefore, cooling produce by this process is not too much.
- In the case of adiabatic demagnetisation, we can achieve temperature 0.3 K to as low as 0.0015 K.
Hence, from the given option, only the correct sequence is 4132.