Correct Answer - Option 1 : Hyderabad
The correct answer is Hyderabad.
- National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) was set up in September 2006 with its headquarter at Hyderabad to realize the untapped potential of the fisheries sector, fish culture, processing & marketing of fish, application of modern tools of research & development for optimizing production and productivity in fisheries.
- The mandate was to give focused attention to the development of the fisheries sector and to meet the aspirations of the fishing industry. Hence option 1 is correct.
The Board, in collaboration with the Marine Products Development Authority (MPEDA), Central Institute of Brackish Water Aquaculture, and the Coastal Aquaculture Authority (CAA), is establishing a quarantine facility at Chennai for testing SPF Brood Stock of White Prawn.
National Fisheries Development Board (NFDB):
- NFDB works for the development of Fisheries in the country from Intensive Aquaculture in Ponds & tanks to Coastal Aquaculture.
- It also focuses on: –
- Human Resources development programs in fisheries sectors,
- Deep-sea fishing & tuna processing,
- Ornamental Fisheries,
- Innovative Projects Quality seed dissemination program,
- Cage & pen culture in open water bodies etc.