Correct Answer - Option 1 : Mandsaur
The correct answer is Mandsaur.
Opium is cultivated in the Mandsaur district of Madhya Pradesh.
- Some other districts of Madhya Pradesh where opium poppy is cultivated -
- The opium poppy is mainly cultivated in the three states of India -
- Madhya Pradesh
- Uttar Pradesh
- The ancient name of the Mandsaur district was Duspur. Mandsaur is known as the birthplace of Mandodari (wife of Ravana).
- The Hingalgarh fort is situated here. In Mandsaur, India's only Lord Pashupathinath temple is situated in the district on the banks of the Shivna river.
- It is also known as the Sindhawar of the Malwa region and the border guardian of Rajasthan.
|Population (2011) total
||242/km (630 sq/mi)
|Lok Sabha Constituencies
|Vidhan Sabha Constituencies