Correct Answer - Option 3 : caffeine
The correct answer is caffeine.
Caffeine is the main active constituent of tea and coffee.
- Caffeine works by stimulating the central nervous system (CNS), heart, muscles, and the centres that control blood pressure.
- Caffeine can raise blood pressure, but might not have this effect on people who use it all the time.
- Caffeine can also act like a “water pill” that increases urine flow.
- Nicotine works by stimulating our nervous system to release specific chemical messengers (hormones and neurotransmitters) that affect different parts of our brain and body.
- One hormone that nicotine affects is epinephrine, also known as adrenaline.
- Chlorophyll is a green pigment found in plants.
- Plants use chlorophyll and light to make food.
- People sometimes use chlorophyll as medicine.
- Common sources of chlorophyll used for medicine include alfalfa, algae, and silkworm droppings.