Correct Answer - Option 4 : 382 per square km
The correct answer is 382 per square km.
The estimated population density of India in the 2011 census was 382 per square km.
Census of India, 2011:
- Total Population of India - 1,21,08,54,977
- Sex Ratio (females per thousand males) - 943
- Density - 382 persons per sq. km.
- Literacy rate of the country - 73 percent (Male - 80.9 percent, Female - 64.6 percent)
- State with the highest literacy - Kerala (94.0%)
- State with the lowest literacy - Bihar (61.8%)
- State with the highest female literacy rate - Kerala (92.1%)
- In 1872 AD, the first Non-synchronised Census was done in India during the time of Lord Mayo.
- The first synchronized census in India took place in 1881.
- Since 1901, it has been taking place after every decade.
- Census 2011, is the 15th census and 7th after independence.
- The slogan of Census 2011 is “Our Census, Our Future”.