Correct Answer - Option 3 : 1, 2, 3 and 4
The correct answer is 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- The 73rd Amendment Act is not applicable in-
- Jammu and Kashmir and
- Meghalaya, Mizoram and Nagaland
- The Provisions of the Panchayat (Extension to the Scheduled Areas) Act, 1996 (PESA) was enacted on 24th December 1996.
- It is applicable to the nine States which have Scheduled Areas under the Vth Schedule: Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Gujarat, Himachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra, Orissa and Rajasthan.
- All these States except Jharkhand have enacted State Legislations to give effect to the provisions of PESA, as required by the Central Act.
73rd Constitutional Amendment Act-
- The Constitution (73rd Amendment) Act was passed in 1992 and it came into effect on 24 April 1993.
- Due to this region, 24th April is celebrated as Panchayati Raj Day nationwide every year.
- The Act added a new chapter into the Constitution called ‘Part IX: The Panchayats’.
- This Act added a new Schedule in the constitution that is Schedule 11th and in this schedule 29 subjects were exclusively allocated to PRIs.
- This act inserted Article 243 to Article 243O in Part IX of the constitution.