Correct Answer - Option 2 : 2 and 3
The correct answer is 2 and 3.
- Second visit of Swamiji in West- 1899 to 1902
- During this visit Vivekananda established Vedanta Societies in San Francisco and New York and founded a shanti ashrama (peace retreat) in California.
- He then went to Paris for the Congress of Religions in 1900.
- Then, Vivekananda was unable to attend the Congress of Religions in 1901 in Japan due to deteriorating health, he made pilgrimages to Bodhgaya and Varanasi.
- Some other information of Vivekanand's visits-
- He founded the Vedanta Society of New York in 1894.
- He gave private lectures to a dozen of his disciples at Thousand Island Park, New York.
- During his first visit to the West, he travelled to the UK twice, in 1895 and 1896.
- During his second visit to the UK in May 1896, Vivekananda met Max Muller.
- Vivekananda was offered academic positions in two American universities - at Harvard University and a similar position at Columbia University.