Correct Answer - Option 4 : Ranthambore fort
The correct answer is Ranthambore Fort.
Jogi Mahal is situated in Ranthambore Fort.
- On seeing Ranthambore Fort Abul Fazal said, All other Forts are Bare but this Fort is Armored.
Ranthambore Fort is a Hilly Fort.
Naulakha Gate is the entry gate of the fort.
Hammir Chhatri, Padmala Pond, Hammir Palace, Peer Sadruddin mosque, and Ganesh Temple are viewable places in Fort.
Rajasthan's 1st Water Jauhar and Saka happened in Ranthambhore Fort on 11 July 1301 in the leadership of Rangdevi (Hammir's Wife).
Ranthambore Fort was built by the Chauhan rulers in the 10th century.
- The fort is also related to the historical legend of the royal women performing Jauhar (self-immolation) when the Muslim invader Alauddin Khilji laid siege on this fort in 1303.
- The fort is characterised by temples, tanks, massive gates, and huge walls.
- Constructed in 944 AD, Ranthambore Fort has witnessed many sieges and battles. Probably the most famous among these is the war of Rao Hammir in 1301 against the Sultan of Delhi, Alauddin Khilji.
- An architectural marvel, the fort includes many attractions such include Toran Dwar, Mahadeo Chhatri, and Sametonki Haveli within its premises.