Correct Answer - Option 4 : Passive components can amplify or increase the power of electrical signal.
Passive electronic components:
- These components can either dissipate, absorb or store energy in the form of an electric field or magnetic field.
- They cannot control the flow of electric current through a circuit but can limit the flow of electric current.
- As per the name they do not provide gain or amplification of an electrical signal.
- They do not depend upon the external source of energy or voltage to perform a specific operation.
Examples- Resistors, Capacitors, Inductors, and Transformers.
Active electronic components:
- These components supply energy to the circuits.
- They are capable of amplifying an electrical signal and produce power.
Examples- Transistors, diodes, MOSFETs, etc.
So, from the above discussion, we can say the incorrect statement regarding passive electronic components is option 4.