Correct Answer - Option 2 : 29 subjects
The correct answer is 29 subjects.
29 subjects have been given in the 11th Schedule of the Constitution.
- 11th Schedule deals with the Power, authority, and responsibilities of Panchayats, 29 subjects over which the Panchayats have jurisdiction.
73rd Amendment Act of 1992:
- The Act gives constitutional status to the Panchayati Raj institutions.
- The Act has added a new Part IX and XI schedule to the constitution.
- It is entitled “The Panchayats” and consists of provisions from Articles 243 to 243 (O).
- It contains 29 functional items of the Panchayats and deals with Article 243 (G).
- The Panchayati Raj system is for only those states having a population of more than 20 lakhs.
- The tenure of every Panchayat should be 5 years.
- The election of the new Panchayat should be held before the expiry of its tenure or within 6 months of its dissolution.