Correct Answer - Option 4 : Both are flowing through rift valleys
The correct answer is Both are flowing through rift valleys.
The common thing between the Damodar river in Chotanagpur and Narmada in Vindhya and Satpura is both are flowing through rift valleys.
- The river flows in the rift valley between the Vindhyan Range on the north and the Satpura Range on the south.
- The river origins from the Amarkantak plateau.
- It has its basin in the states of Madhya Pradesh, Gujarat, Maharashtra, and Chhattisgarh.
- It drains by forming an estuary in the Gulf of Khambhat.
- Its tributaries are Hiran, Orsang, Barna and Kolar.
- Damodar river has rift valley due to down warping.
- It originates from the Chota Nagpur Plateau.
- It flows in the states of Jharkhand and West Bengal.
- It drains into the river Hoogly.
- It is called as ‘Sorrow of Bengal’.