Correct Answer - Option 4 : Fundamental duty of every citizen
The correct answer is Fundamental duty of every citizen.
Respect for the National Flag and National Anthem is the Fundamental duty of every citizen.
Eleven Fundamental Duties of every citizen are as follow:
- Abide by the Indian Constitution and respect its ideals and institutions, the National Flag and the National Anthem.
- Cherish and follow the noble ideals that inspired the national struggle for freedom.
- Uphold and protect the sovereignty, unity, and integrity of India.
- Defend the country and render national service when called upon to do so.
- Promote harmony and the spirit of common brotherhood amongst all the people of India transcending religious, linguistic, and regional or sectional diversities and renounce practices derogatory to the dignity of women.
- Value and preserve the rich heritage of the country’s composite culture.
- Protect and improve the natural environment including forests, lakes, rivers, and wildlife, and have compassion for living creatures.
- Develop scientific temper, humanism, and the spirit of inquiry and reform.
- Safeguard public property and abjure violence.
- Strive towards excellence in all spheres of individual and collective activity so that the nation constantly rises to higher levels of endeavor and achievement.
- Provide opportunities for education to his child or ward between the age of six and fourteen years. This duty was added by the 86th Constitutional Amendment Act, 2002.
Originally ten in number, the fundamental duties were increased to eleven by the 86th Amendment in 2002, which added a duty on every parent or guardian to ensure that their child or ward was provided opportunities for education between the ages of six and fourteen years.
- The Fundamental Duties are dealt with under Part-IV A of the Indian Constitution.
- Fundamental Duties were taken from USSR/Russia.
- Fundamental Duties covered under Article 51A.